Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake Balls
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 270 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Strawberry Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- 5 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- Red decorator sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with baking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using the water, oil and eggs. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- CRUMBLE cooled cake into extra-large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until fine crumbs, about 2 minutes. Spoon frosting over cake crumbs. Beat until evenly blended. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- LINE a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with wax paper. Roll cake mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on wax paper. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour.
- COMBINE baking chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes; stir. Microwave at additional 10 second intervals until completely melted and smooth when stirred.
- REMOVE a few cake balls from freezer, keeping the rest frozen. Drop balls into coating mixture. Using a spoon, cover balls with coating, without stirring the balls in coating. Lift each cake ball with fork, allowing excess coating to drip off into bowl. Using toothpick, gently push ball off fork onto wax paper. Immediately sprinkle with decorator sugar. Repeat to coat remaining cake balls. (If coating thickens, microwave at additional 10 second intervals until desired consistency when stirred.) When complete, chill 5 minutes or until coating is set. Serve at room temperature.
- TIP To prepare 1 dozen cake balls, prepare cake according to above directions, but use only one-fourth of prepared cake. Reserve remaining cake for another use. Use only 3 tablespoons frosting, 1 1/2 cups white baking chips and 2 tablespoons shortening when making cake balls.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 ball of 36), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 19g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.