Funfetti® Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 18 servings
- 1 (1 1/2 quart) container vanilla ice cream
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Funfetti® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Premium Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping (optional), heated according to package directions
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- THAW carton of ice cream at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with plastic wrap, extending wrap over edges of pan. Scoop softened ice cream into prepared pan. Cover with excess plastic wrap. Press surface to pack ice cream into an even layer. Cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line two 9-inch square baking pans with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Coat foil with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water and egg, reserving packet of candy coated chips. Spread batter evenly in prepared pans. Sprinkle evenly with candy coated chips. Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until set in center. Cool completely in pans on wire rack.
- REMOVE brownie layers from pans by lifting edges of foil. Carefully remove foil. Return one brownie layer to one baking pan, candy coated chip side down. Uncover ice cream layer and remove plastic wrap. Place ice cream on top of brownie layer in pan. Top with remaining brownie layer, candy coated chip side up. Gently press down. Cover and freeze until ready to serve. Cut into bars. Serve as sandwiches or, if desired, place on serving plates and garnish with fudge topping, whipped cream and a cherry.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 sandwich of 18), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.