Fudge Cake Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 130 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe Chocolate Frosting
- BLEND shortening and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Slowly add buttermilk.
- MIX in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Cover and refrigerate dough at least 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until set. Remove to cooling rack.
- FROST with Chocolate Frosting. Store in covered container.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.