Cottage Cherry Tarts
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled and sliced
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 350° F. Mix flour and salt in a medium bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture with pastry blender. Cut in cottage cheese and vanilla until a firm dough is formed.
- SPRINKLE counter with powdered sugar. Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch squares. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Overlap opposite corners; seal tightly. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Arrange on serving platter; sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 tart of 48), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 55g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.