- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 300 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 quart ice cream, any flavor
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using the oil, water and eggs. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 28 to 31 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- REMOVE from pan using edges of foil. Cut twelve 2 1/2-inch circles using biscuit cutter. Place rounded 1/2 cup scoop ice cream on each circle. Place on baking sheet. Freeze until firm.
- BEAT egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high speed after each addition. Continue beating until stiff and glossy. Fold in almond extract. Spread over ice cream and brownie base. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. Cover loosely until ready to serve.
- HEAT oven to Broil setting. Broil desserts 3 to 4 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Drizzle topping on serving plates before placing desserts on top. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 810 (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 33g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 120g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 76g), Protein 11g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.