Upside-Down Apricot Peach Cakes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Coastal Valley Peach Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin cups generously with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR together preserves and butter in small bowl. Place 1 tablespoon in bottom of each muffin cup. Top with 1 apricot half, rounded side down.
- BEAT flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth. Top each muffin cup with about 3 tablespoons batter.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run sharp knife around edge of each cup. Invert onto cookie sheet. Spoon any remaining preserves from cups over top of cakes. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
- TIP If there are not enough apricot halves in the can, cut larger ones in half, then evenly divide among the muffin cups.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.