Salted Caramel Apple Spice Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 110 min
- Yield: 24
- 1 package Pillsbury® Supreme Collection™ Apple Spice Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3 large eggs
- Pillsbury® Easy Frost™ Velvety Cheese Cake Flavored No-Fuss Frosting
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- Coarse sea salt
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffins cups with paper baking cups. Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Layer 2 tablespoons batter in each muffin cup.
- CUT off corner of pie filling pouch. Squeeze the equivalent of 1 teaspoon filling into center of batter. Cover with 1 tablespoon batter. Repeat to make 24 cupcakes.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- PRESS frosting nozzle to create a tight zig-zag pattern across top of each cupcake. Drizzle caramel topping in opposite direction. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.