Luscious Caramel-Brownie Bites
Marjean Bigelow, Portland, OR, Bake-Off® Contest 45, 2012 Finalist
- Prep Time: 65 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 155 min
- Yield: 36 brownie bites
- 1 (14 oz) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Chopped Pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (15.9 oz) box Pillsbury® Chocolate Extreme Premium Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 LAND O LAKES® Egg
- 2/3 cup Hershey's® semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and 1/4 cup of the cream on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray 36 mini muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pie crusts; roll each into 13-inch round. Using 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut 18 rounds from each crust, rerolling dough if necessary. Gently press each round on bottom and up side of muffin cup. Spoon scant 1/2 teaspoon pecans in bottom of each cup. Spoon about 1 teaspoon caramel mixture over pecans in each cup (cup will be 1/2 full); reserve remaining caramel mixture.
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix (with syrup packet), oil, water and egg 50 strokes with spoon. Spoon 1 level tablespoon brownie batter into each cup.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted into edge of brownie comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling racks 10 minutes. Run knife around edges of cups to loosen; carefully remove from cups. Place on cooking racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make ganache glaze, in small microwavable bowl microwave remaining 1/4 cup cream and chocolate chips on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Stir in corn syrup until blended. Spoon ganache over each brownie. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until ganache is set.
- Microwave reserved caramel mixture on High 20 to 30 seconds if necessary for drizzling consistency. Drizzle each brownie with about 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012 / Fisher® is a registered trademark of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. ©2012 / LAND O LAKES is a registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc. / Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 36 brownie bites), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 16g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.