Chocolate Coconut Bars
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 4 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE sugar, shortening, cocoa, egg and water in medium bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE 1 1/4 cups flour and salt in small bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat just until blended. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, 3 tablespoons flour and vanilla in small bowl. Stir with spoon until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and coconut. Spoon over baked cookie base. Spread carefully to cover.
- RETURN to oven. Bake 20 minutes. Remove pan to wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 1 1⁄2 x 1 1⁄2-inch bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/48 of recipe), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.