Spiced Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream
Lori Falce, Osceola Mills, PA, Bake-Off® Contest 45, 2012 Finalist
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 23 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 18 cupcakes
- 1 (19.5 oz) box Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Cayenne Pepper
- 3 LAND O LAKES® Eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s® caramel syrup
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipped cream* (optional)
- 18 Hershey's® Mini Kisses® milk chocolates
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups. In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water, vanilla, cayenne and eggs 50 strokes with spoon. Divide batter evenly among cups. In small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon and granulated sugar. Sprinkle evenly over batter in cups.
- Bake 17 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup of the caramel syrup and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. *For softer frosting, add whipping cream 1 tablespoon at a time for desired spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes; drizzle each with scant teaspoon caramel syrup. Top each cupcake with 1 milk chocolate candy. Store covered in refrigerator.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012 / LAND O LAKES is a registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc. / Hershey’s®, Mini Kisses®, Heath®, Heath® Bits ‘o Brickle®, Reese’s® and Special Dark® are registered trademarks of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033 / McCormick and the Mc logo are registered trademarks of McCormick & Company, Incorporated, used by permission
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 18), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 40g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.