Pumpkin Fritters with Molasses Drizzle
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 30 fritters
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground anise
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- COMBINE syrup, water, molasses, cinnamon stick and cloves in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Strain through fine sieve, reserving syrup in small bowl. Add orange marmalade and lime juice to hot syrup, stirring until blended.
- STIR together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and anise in small bowl until blended. Heat 1 1/2 inches of canola oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat to 350°F.
- WHISK egg in medium bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar until blended. Gradually stir in flour mixture just until blended. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, several at a time so as not to overcrowd pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm, drizzled with warm syrup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.