Maple Java Baby Cakes
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 6 mini cakes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee, dissolved in 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1/3 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee, dissolved in 2 teaspoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- For Cake: HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 6 mini fluted pans with no-stick cooking spray. Combine all-purpose and whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and allspice in large bowl until combined.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Combine dissolved espresso, syrup and sour cream together in small bowl. At low speed, alternately beat in flour and espresso mixture to butter mixture until blended, scraping bowl occasionally. Spoon equal amounts of batter into prepared fluted pans.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Invert cakes and cool completely.
- For Sauce: HEAT syrup and butter in small saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat. Stir in dissolved espresso, vanilla and walnuts. Spoon over each baby cake. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.