Banana Coconut Fritters
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 3 dozen fritters
- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup thinly sliced banana
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- Powdered sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk (optional)
- HEAT 1 1/2 inches canola oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat to 350°F. Combine flour, banana, coconut, lime juice, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until banana is mashed and thoroughly blended into flour.
- WHISK egg yolks and cream of coconut in small bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture, beating until just combined.
- DROP batter by 1 tablespoon metal scoop into hot oil. Cook 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until deep golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm, drizzled with sweetened condensed milk, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.