Peanut Butter Bran Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 1 dozen muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups bran flakes
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Apple Sauce
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Dark Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray 12 muffin tins with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE bran flakes and milk in medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Blend in egg, apple sauce or oil, peanut butter and bran mixture. Stir until completely mixed. Fold in chopped peanuts. Spoon into muffin tins.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 540mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 13g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.