Orange Twist Pinwheel Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 2 dozen sandwich cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Orangesicle Orange Crème Flavored Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 drops red food color
- 6 drops yellow food color
- Orange decorator sprinkles
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Orangesicle Orange Crème Flavored Frosting
- COMBINE cookie mix, butter and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Divide dough in half.
- STIR orange peel into one half of dough. Knead red and yellow food color into remaining dough until evenly colored. Divide both dough halves in half again to make 4 parts. Roll each one between sheets of wax paper into 10 x 8-inch rectangles. Place on top of each other on cookie sheet. Chill 15 minutes.
- REMOVE one sheet of wax paper from sheets of dough. Turn one light orange layer upside down onto one dark orange layer aligning corners. Remove other sheet of wax paper from light layer. Beginning on long side, roll up dough using the wax paper to make a rounded log. Roll in orange sprinkles to completely cover the outside. Wrap wax paper around log. Repeat with remaining 2 sheets of dough. Freeze 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Cut logs into 1/4-inch slices. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Spread frosting on bottom side of half the cookies. Place another cookie, bottom side down, on top of the frosting to make sandwich cookies.
- TIP Keep second log in freezer until ready to bake. Return to freezer as needed to make slicing easier.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.