Tropical Lime Cookies
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Key Lime Flavored Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup diced, dried mango or papaya *
- 1/2 cup diced, dried pineapple
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE cookie mix, butter, egg and water in medium bowl. Stir until soft dough forms. Stir in mango, pineapple, 3/4 cup untoasted coconut and almonds. Form 48 balls using level tablespoonfuls of dough. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until done. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- TOAST remaining coconut.** Place frosting in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 15 to 20 seconds or until soft. Stir until smooth. Spoon over tops of cookies. Sprinkle immediately with toasted coconut. Reheat frosting as needed to keep soft. Allow to set until frosting hardens.
- TIP * Any assortment of diced, dried fruit - papaya, pineapple, mango, apricots, kiwi, dates - can be used to equal 1 cup.
- TIP ** To toast coconut: Spread coconut on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Toss with fork. Repeat for 30 seconds at a time until coconut is light brown. Remove from plate immediately to avoid over-browning.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1 reviewer.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chrystyna wonderful These cookies are delicious. I did not even frost them and they were great. Will try this idea with different fruits and the orangesicle cookie mix March 27, 2013
1-1 of 1