Grilled Margherita Pizza
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 4 small pizzas
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury® Hot Roll Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 1/2 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (8 oz.) balls fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in half then thinly sliced, or 1 (8 oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum or Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 fresh basil leaves, cut crosswise into very thin strips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- COMBINE hot roll mix, yeast packet and garlic salt in large bowl; mix well. Stir in warm water and 2 tablespoons olive oil until blended. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; shape into a ball. Knead 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in bowl coated with no-stick cooking spray, turning dough to coat top. Cover and let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F) 20 to 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- STIR remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil, kosher salt, garlic and crushed red pepper in small bowl. Let stand at room temperature while dough is rising.
- COAT clean grill grates with no-stick cooking spray. Heat charcoal grill or gas grill to medium.
- DIVIDE dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each into a 9-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Place dough directly on grill grate. Grill, covered, 3 minutes or until dough begins to puff and turn light brown on bottom. Brush top surfaces with olive oil mixture, then turn dough over. Grill 3 minutes or until golden brown on bottoms. Brush top surfaces with olive oil mixture, then turn dough over. Brush crusts with remaining olive oil mixture. Top crusts evenly with half of the mozzarella cheese, then all of the tomato slices. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Grill on low until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with basil and Parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.