Stained-Glass Cut Out Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 dozen cookies
- 4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus additional for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Individually wrapped fruit-flavored hard candies in various colors (about 1 per cookie), unwrapped and crushed
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sweetened condensed milk and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar, egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture gradually. Beat on low speed until combined. Divide dough into fourths. Wrap each with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle counter surface with powdered sugar. Roll out one portion of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutters. Cut out holes for "stained glass" effect in each cookie with small cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Fill holes with crushed hard candies in various colors. Chill and reroll dough as needed.
- BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until candy has melted. Cool completely. Remove carefully from foil or parchment paper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.