Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Chowder
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 10 cups
- 1 (6 oz.) package long grain and wild rice mix, with seasoning packet
- 3 cups sliced small white mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 (12 oz.) cans PET® Fat Free Evaporated Milk
- OR 2 (12 oz.) cans PET® Evaporated Milk
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- PREPARE rice mix according to package directions.
- COOK mushrooms, onion, celery and carrot in melted butter in Dutch oven over medium heat until tender, about 7 minutes.
- ADD evaporated milk, 1 can chicken broth, pepper, salt and thyme to Dutch oven. Whisk remaining 1 can chicken broth and flour in medium bowl until blended and smooth. Stir into soup mixture. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- STIR cooked rice mixture and diced chicken into soup mixture. Simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.