Glazed Apple Sauce Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
APPLE SAUCE CUPCAKES
- 1 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Apple Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
- Dash ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- For Cupcakes: BEAT apple sauce, oil, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in small bowl. Add to apple sauce mixture. Beat on low speed until evenly moistened. Divide evenly in prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Glaze: PLACE butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add 2 teaspoons water. Beat until smooth. Add more water as needed to make dipping consistency. Dip tops of cupcakes into glaze. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.