Grilled Barbecued Chicken Pizza
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 4 small pizzas
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury® Hot Roll Mix
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 4 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil, divided
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup prepared thick & spicy barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Cider Apple Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large unpeeled red apple, cored and cut into 32 thin slices
- 1 1/3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- COMBINE hot roll mix, yeast packet and garlic salt in large bowl; mix well. Stir in warm water and 2 tablespoons olive oil until blended. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; shape into a ball. Knead 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in bowl coated with no-stick cooking spray, turning dough to coat top. Cover and let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F) 20 to 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- HEAT remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook 7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in barbecue sauce, apple butter and cayenne pepper. Heat through. Stir in chicken until evenly coated with sauce.
- COAT clean grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat charcoal grill or gas grill to medium.
- DIVIDE dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each into a 9-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Place dough directly on grill grate. Reduce temperature to medium-low. Grill, covered, 4 minutes or until dough begins to puff and is golden brown on bottom. Turn dough over. Top each crust with 1/2 cup chicken mixture, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 8 apple slices and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese. Cover and grill on low 3 to 4 minutes or until crusts are golden brown on bottoms and cheese is melted. Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.