Decadent Chocolate Cream Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (12 oz.) cans PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) pastry pie crust, baked and cooled
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate curls or grated chocolate
- WHISK sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk until blended.
- COOK over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla, stirring until butter is melted. Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap onto surface to prevent skin from forming. Cool completely. Chill 4 hours.
- Uncover pie. Spread whipped topping on top of pie. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate curls.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.