Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 5 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla in large bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- COMBINE flour, oats, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Cover. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- DROP dough by rounded or heaping teaspoons 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.