Stars & Stripes Lemon Cookies
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 3/4 cups Hungry Jack® Easy Pack™ Funfetti® Stars & Stripes® Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Classic White Frosting, divided
- Red and blue food color
- Decorator sugar or decorator sprinkles
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE pancake mix, powdered sugar, shortening, egg, lemon juice and lemon peel in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until evenly moistened. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Roll cookie dough to 1/8-inch thickness on well floured surface. Cut using floured 2 to 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 6 to 7 minutes or until just beginning to brown around edges. Remove immediately to wire rack to cool completely.
- PLACE 1/3 cup frosting into each of two small bowls. Add several drops red food color to first bowl and several drops blue food color to second bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended. Place plain, red and blue frostings into three separate small resealable plastic bags. Microwave each bag separately, on HIGH, 5 seconds. Knead. Cut very small corner off bottom of bag. Drizzle frostings over cookies as desired. Sprinkle immediately with decorator sugar.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.