- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 5 dozen
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Perfectly Pumpkin Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting, divided
- 4 cups butterscotch flavored baking chips
- 6 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour. Prepare cake mix using the water, oil and eggs. Spread in prepared pan. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- CRUMBLE cake into large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until finely crumbled, about 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup frosting. Beat until evenly blended. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- LINE tray with wax paper. Roll cake mixture into 60 (1-inch) balls. Place on wax paper. Cover and freeze 1 hour.
- MICROWAVE butterscotch chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 2 minutes; stir. Microwave for additional 10-second intervals until completely melted and smooth when stirred.
- REMOVE a few cake balls from freezer. Drop into coating mixture. Using a spoon, cover balls with coating, without stirring the balls into coating. Lift each truffle with fork, allowing excess coating to drip off into bowl. Using toothpick, gently push truffle off fork onto wax paper. Repeat to coat remaining cake balls. (If coating thickens, microwave for additional 10 second intervals until desired consistency.) Chill 5 minutes or until coating is set.
- PLACE remaining frosting in small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag. Squeeze a small dollop of frosting on top of each truffle. Dip firmly into walnuts to spread frosting and coat with walnuts. Let truffles stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- TIP To prepare only 16 truffles, prepare cake according to above directions, but use only one-fourth of prepared cake. Reserve remaining cake for another use. Spoon only 3 tablespoons frosting over cake crumbs. Use 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips and 2 tablespoons shortening when making coating and 1/4 cup walnuts for garnish.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.