Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 150 min
- Ready Time: 210 min
- Yield: 18 (1/2-cup) servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Dark Chocolate Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate fudge pudding & pie filling mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (10 oz.) package dark chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Peppermint Flavored Frosting
- OR 3/4 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1/4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Red gel food color
- COAT 6-quart slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray.
- WHISK water, oil, eggs and sour cream in large bowl. Add cake mix, pudding mix and cocoa powder. Stir until combined. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- POUR into slow cooker. Cook on High 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Turn slow cooker off. Remove lid. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Cool 1 hour.
- COMBINE frosting and whipped topping in medium bowl. Place decorating bag with a medium-large star tip in palm of hand. Fold down edges about half way to expose inside of bag. Make 4 or 5 lines with food color on the inside of bag, starting at the bottom to about 4 to 5 inches up the sides. Spoon frosting mixture carefully into bag.
- SPOON pudding cake into dessert dishes. Garnish with striped frosting from decorating bag.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/18 of recipe), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.