One Fish Blue Fish Cake
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 24 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon blue food color
- 1 container Pillsbury® Funfetti® Aqua Blue Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Classic White Frosting
- Assorted candies such as small gumdrops, pastel wafers and candy coated chocolate pieces, for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 1 (8-inch) round baking pan with baking spray with flour. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- PREPARE cake batter according to package directions using water, oil and egg whites. Beat in food color until completely blended. Spread half of the batter in prepared round pan. Divide remaining batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake cupcakes 19 to 23 minutes and round pan 34 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- CUT round cake about 1 inch off center into 2 pieces. Place smaller piece on platter to make fish face, rounded edge toward outside edge of platter. Arrange cupcakes in four rows (row 1=3 cupcakes, 2=4, 3=3, 4=2) directly behind the cut edge of cake to form body of fish. Using larger piece of round cake, make a 2-inch straight cut from center point of cut edge toward the uncut edge. Cut from both cut outside edges to end point of the straight cut to make 2 triangles. Place triangles next to cupcakes to resemble top and bottom fins fish fins. Place remaining piece of round cake to make fish tail.
- FROST face, tail and fins with blue frosting. Frost cupcakes with white frosting. Sprinkle candy bits from blue frosting over cupcakes, on fins and back edge of tail. Blend remaining white and blue frosting. Place in decorating bag fitted with medium star tip. Squeeze bag to create decorative accents on cake, as desired. Decorate cake with various candies to accent face.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.