Creamy Lime Tart in Macadamia Crust
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted* and ground
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes, toasted**
- For Crust: HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Stir in butter with fork until evenly moistened. Stir in macadamias. Press evenly in 9-inch tart pan. Bake 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Filling: COMBINE sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Whisk in cream and lime juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat stirring often. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in butter until melted. Cool to room temperature. Pour into crust.
- For Topping: BEAT cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Garnish tart with whipped cream and coconut. Chill 2 hours.
- TIP *To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from pan immediately to avoid over-browning.
- TIP ** To toast coconut: Spread coconut on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Toss with fork. Repeat as needed. Remove from plate immediately to avoid over-browning.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.