Key Lime Donuts
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 18 donuts
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Key Lime Flavored Frosting
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted*
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat 6-cavity donut pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine cake mix, milk, eggs and butter in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Fill cavities 2/3 full. Wipe away excess batter.
- BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 3 minutes in pan. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat to bake remaining donuts.
- MICROWAVE frosting in medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 20 seconds; stir. Dip light colored side of donut into frosting to coat halfway. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and lime peel. Repeat with remaining donuts. If frosting thickens, microwave frosting for 5 seconds. Stir.
- TIP To Toast Coconut: Spread coconut on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, tossing the coconut with a fork after each minute. To avoid overbrowning, remove from plate immediately.
- DONUT ASSORTMENT: PLACE 1/2 cup Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Key Lime, Pink Lemonade and Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frostings in individual small microwave-safe bowls. Microwave 10 seconds. Stir. Follow directions in step 3 coating 6 donuts in each frosting flavor. Decorator sprinkles or chopped nuts may be substituted for toasted coconut.
- ELECTRIC DONUT MAKER: PREPARE batter as directed. Heat donut maker according to manufacturer's directions. Fill donut cavity 3/4 full. Bake 1 1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown on bottoms. Cool completely. Frost donuts as directed. Makes 44 mini donuts
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.