Spicy Sauteed Snapper over Vegetables
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 to 6 oz.) snapper or grouper filets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 2 medium red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, cut lengthwise into very thin strips
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Sliced avocado, cilantro sprigs and lime wedges, for garnish
- MIX flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper on plate. Dip fish into flour mixture to coat completely. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add fish; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet, leaving oil in skillet.
- ADD onion, peppers, carrot, garlic and jalapeno to drippings in skillet. Cook over medium-low heat 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken broth, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt to skillet. Simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Arrange fish over vegetables. Add butter. Cook 1 to 3 minutes, or until butter is melted and fish flakes easily with fork. Serve warm or cover and chill overnight to serve cold.
- SPOON vegetable mixture onto 4 serving plates. Top with fish fillets. Garnish with avocado slices, cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.