Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant Devil's food or chocolate flavored pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake and according to package directions. Cool completely on wire rack.
- BEAT cream in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Combine sweetened condensed milk, milk, pudding mix and peppermint extract in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream until evenly blended. Chill 5 minutes or until thickened.
- SPOON into large decorating bag fitted with large star tip. Starting at outside edge of cupcakes, pipe frosting in a circular pattern, moving toward the center, to create a swirl effect on top of each cupcake. Sprinkle lightly with peppermint candies. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 cupcakes), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.