Scaredy Cat Halloween Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup butter, softened or slightly melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14.1 oz.) jar Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 72 pieces candy corn
- 36 orange, yellow or brown mini candy coated chocolate pieces
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine cookie mix, cocoa powder, butter and egg in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until dough forms. Roll dough into 36 balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- DIP bottom of glass into flour and flatten dough balls to 2-inch diameter. Pinch dough to form 2 pointed ears at top of each circle. Tap again with bottom of glass to flatten. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- STIR chocolate flavored hazelnut spread until smooth. Frost cookies with a very thin layer of spread. Place 2 pieces candy corn onto each cookie, both tips pointing inward, for eyes and 1 mini candy coated chocolate piece for nose. Let stand 5 minutes. Drag tip of paring knife several times through spread on both sides of noses to resemble cat whiskers.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.