Holiday Spumoni Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 8 dozen
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened or slightly melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- 5 drops green food color
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped marashino cherries, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 7 drops red food color
- BEAT cookie mix, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed just until dough forms. Divide evenly into thirds. Add pistachios and green food color to one piece of dough, mixing until evenly blended. Add flour, cherries, almond extract and red food color to second piece of dough, mixing until evenly blended.
- PRESS each variety of dough into a 6 x 4-inch rectangle on separate sheets of wax paper. Chill 15 minutes. Stack green, plain and red doughs, pressing together firmly and aligning edges. Freeze 30 minutes or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Trim dough so that edges are straight. Cut dough crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Cut each slice into 3 equal pieces. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.