Dulce de Leche Banana Pie
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 9-inch single Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 (13.4 oz.) can dulce de leche
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- PREPARE and bake pie crust according to recipe. Cool completely on wire rack.
- COMBINE milk, 1 cup cream, sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Whisk until cornstarch is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- WHISK in dulce de leche and vanilla until evenly blended. Spread in prepared pie crust. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pie to prevent skin from forming. Cool 30 minutes. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- BEAT remaining 1 cup cream, powdered sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Remove plastic wrap from pie filling. Top evenly with sliced bananas. Spread whipped cream mixture over top of pie. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.