Holiday Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Red and green decorator sugar
- 48 foil-wrapped white and milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- BEAT shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll half in red sugar and half in green sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 3 minutes. Top each cookie with chocolate piece. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.