Bold Pink & Purple Ombre Cake
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 packages Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 container Pillsbury® Funfetti® Bold Purple Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 container Pillsbury® Funfetti® Hot Pink Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Classic White Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 4 (9-inch) round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Beat cake mixes, water, oil and eggs whites with electric mixer on medium speed in large bowl for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans.
- BAKE 30 to 34 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Level cakes using a serrated knife.
- PLACE one cake layer on serving plate. Frost top with 1/2 cup purple frosting. Add second cake layer. Frost top with 1/2 cup pink frosting. Add third cake layer. Frost top with 1/2 cup white frosting. Add fourth cake layer. Frost lower third of cake with 1 cup purple frosting, middle third with 1 cup pink frosting and top third with remaining white frosting. Smooth frosting with cake comb* to blend colors.
- PLACE remaining purple and pink frosting in separate decorating bags fitted with star tips. Pipe frosting around edges of cake, as desired. Sprinkle with candy bits and sparkling sugar from frosting.
- TIP *Cake combs can be found at your local craft store
- TIP For color variation, substitute purple and pink frostings with Pillsbury® Funfetti® Aqua Blue Vanilla Flavored Frosting and Pillsbury® Funfetti® Vibrant Green Vanilla Flavored Frosting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 240), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 4g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 102g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 79g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.