Classic Chicken Pot Pie
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 deep dish double crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 3 cups cubed or shredded boneless cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots or frozen mixed vegetables
- PREPARE pie pastry according to recipe directions. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT butter and oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, seasoned salt, thyme and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken broth gradually until blended. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, cooking until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken and vegetables until coated with sauce.
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Roll larger ball of dough on a lightly floured work surface into a 13-inch circle. Place in 9 1/2-inch deep dish glass pie plate for the bottom crust. Fill pie crust with chicken filling. Roll out remaining dough. Place dough carefully on top of filled pie. Trim edges of dough leaving a 3/4-inch overhang. Fold top edge under bottom crust. Press edges together to seal and flute as desired. Cut several 1/2-inch slits in top crust to vent steam.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.