Hawaiian Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup well drained, crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, egg, orange marmalade and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until well blended. Stir in oats, pineapple and coconut with spoon.
- DROP by rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is still soft. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.