Heavenly Chocolate Chip Almond Treats
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract. Beat at low speed until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture at low speed until just blended. Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and almonds.
- DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Form each into 3 x 1-inch ovals.
- BAKE 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of crust), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.