Heavenly Oatmeal Hearts
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- SPRAY the inside of a 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter with no-stick cooking spray. Place cutter on prepared baking sheet. Place 1/4-cup dough inside cutter. Press to edges and level. Remove cutter. Repeat to form remaining cookies. Space 2 1/2 inches apart.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- PLACE milk and white chocolate chips in separate heavy resealable plastic bags. Add 1/2 teaspoon shortening to each bag. Seal. Microwave 1 bag on MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute.
- KNEAD bag. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Repeat with remaining bag. Cut tiny piece off corner of each bag. Drizzle from both bags over cooled cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 19g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.