Double Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening and melted chocolate in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg, orange juice concentrate, orange peel and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat into shortening mixture at low speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- DROP tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets, transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.