Herb Cheese Bread
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 recipe Buttery Bread Dough
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- OR 1 to 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- PREPARE dough as directed, adding basil and cheese with last addition of flour. After kneading, shape dough into round shape.
- SPRAY 1-quart round casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in dish. Turn dough over. Slash top with "X" in center. Cover. Let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. (Let dough rise only once.)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.