- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 40 biscuits
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- HEAT oven to 500ºF.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening using a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- ADD buttermilk. Stir with fork just until mixture holds together.
- TURN dough onto floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll or pat dough into rectangle 3/8-inch thick. Cut with round cutter into 3/4 or 1-inch biscuits. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned and puffed. Do not overbake. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 mini biscuit), Calories 40 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.