Herbed Fried Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 lb.) frying chicken, cut into pieces
- OR 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. meaty chicken pieces
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- COMBINE flour, salt, thyme, marjoram, celery salt and pepper in a paper or plastic bag. Add a few pieces of chicken at a time. Shake to coat.
- POUR oil to a depth of 2-inches in a deep, heavy skillet. Heat to 365°F. Fry chicken for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally for even browning. Drain on paper towels.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 310), Total Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 760mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 38g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.