Pork and Vegetable Sauté
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds butterfly-cut pork chops, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup coarsley chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen Brussels sprouts
- MIX flour, basil, marjoram, salt and pepper in large plastic food storage bag. Add pork. Shake to coat. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet. Add pork and any remaining flour mixture. Brown over medium-high heat. Remove pork and drippings from skillet.
- DISSOLVE chicken and beef bouillon granules in hot water. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet. Add onion and carrot. Sauté over moderate heat until tender.
- STIR in pork, bouillon mixture and Brussels sprouts. Heat to boiling. Cover. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are tender and pork is no longer pink.
- TIP Serve with mashed potatoes or seasoned rice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1180mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 2g), Protein 30g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.