Raisin Nut Spice Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/3 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE oil and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Mix in milk.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and cloves in medium bowl. Add slowly to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins and nuts. Spread evenly in pan.
- BAKE 23 to 26 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan. Cut into bars about 2 x 1 1/2-inch. Sift powdered sugar over bars.
- RAISIN NUT SPICE COOKIES: SPRAY baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350ºF 8 to 9 minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Cool. Sift powdered sugar over cookies.
- TIP A light dusting of powdered sugar is a low-calorie alternative to frosting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 36), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.