- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 2 loaves
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water, (110 to 115ºF)
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsps. sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, plus 1 tbsp., divided, melted
- OR 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, plus 1 tbsp., divided, melted
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- SPRAY two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- SPRINKLE yeast over warm water in a large bowl. Add dry milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, 1/3 cup melted shortening and 3 cups flour. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Using a spoon, stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- TURN dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle. Spread each with half of the remaining 1 tablespoon melted shortening.
- COMBINE 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle half of mixture over each rectangle. Roll up, starting with 6-inch side. Place seam-side-down in prepared loaf pans.
- COVER; let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 45 minutes).
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on racks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.