Homemade Crisco Fudge Brownie Mix
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 6 cups of mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Powdered sugar
- COMBINE sugar, flour, cocoa and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in covered container up to 6 weeks at room temperature. Freeze for longer storage. To measure, lightly spoon into measuring cup. Level.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Beat eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in 3 cups Brownie Mix until nearly smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center yields moist crumbs. Cool. Sift powdered sugar over top. Cut into squares.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie of 32), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.