- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 5 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening and brown sugar in large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir together milk and vinegar. Add to shortening mixture. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to shortening mixture. Mix on low until blended. Sitr in nuts, dates and cherries. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Dust warm cookies with powdered sugar, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.