Homemade Crisco Pie Crust Mix
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Ready Time: 0 min
- Yield: 8 cups of mix
- 6 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cups Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- MIX flour and salt in large mixing bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in covered container. No refrigeration is needed
- MEASURE amount of mix for pie crust into a bowl. Sprinkle water over mix, a tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with a fork until mixture comes together to form a ball. Do not overmix.
- USE to make crusts for your favorite pie recipes.
AMOUNT TO USE
- SINGLE CRUST PIE: 1 1/2 cups mix and 3 tablespoons water.
- DOUBLE CRUST PIE: 2 1/4 cups mix and 4 to 5 tablespoons water.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (crust for 1/8 of pie), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.